In His Hands

In His Hands

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Basement Studio

I'm finally enrolled in my first ceramics class at Wheaton, silly huh, saying that this is my forth semester here and I plan on having an emphasis in ceramics?

Anyways I'm absolutely loving it. My professor has agreed to challenge me in the ways needed in order to get to where he see's me able to go. First however he said, that he wants me to fail, and once I do, that'll be an indicator of growth. If I don't fail, it means I am playing it way too safe and just doing what I know I can. Failing would mean true learning. So the point is, I see the challenge: Make enough work to fill gas kiln that would fit at least 3 human bodies inside (I once heard a recent ceramics grad student did just that, not mentioning any names [coughheathercough]), fail as much as possible, and make some incredible pottery. I'm all game!

Also, in light of practicing my teaching skills for this summer at Honey Rock, I have been sneaking some friends into the basement to have a little fun. Its been spunky. 

Join me sometime?











No comments:

Post a Comment